[Release] Re: [V3dot10] LatestUnstable(3.11) [was: Patch should be applied: SystemDictionary>>recreateSpecialObjectsArray]

Keith Hodges keith_hodges at yahoo.co.uk
Thu May 29 17:47:31 UTC 2008

Klaus D. Witzel wrote:
> On Thu, 29 May 2008 18:01:53 +0200, Keith Hodges wrote:
>
>> Torsten Bergmann wrote:
>>> The latest Squeak3.10.1-7175-basic.zip image from
>>> http://ftp.squeak.org/current_stable/
>>> also left out the patch to make FFI usable in 3.10:
>>>
>>>    http://bugs.squeak.org/view.php?id=6980
>>>
>>> Thx
>>> Torsten
>>>
>> I added the above patch to
>> http://installer.pbwiki.com/MinorFixesUnstable-Squeak3%3A10
>>
>> All of the listed patches can be loaded using
>>
>> Installer install: 'LatestUnstable'.
>>
>> We still need to establish a "gate" process for moving patches from
>> Unstable to Stable. Those patches listed on the Stable page would be
>> the ones that are loaded by: Installer install: 'Latest'. These are
>> considered to be the fixes that will be included in 3.11
>>
>> We could have a "vote for approval" approach, a "vote for
>> disapproval" approach or a "vote for suspicion" approach.
>
> This looks +1 to me; only one thing: can the release team (harvesting
> team?) perhaps offer a recommendation on that page, the default for
> what will happen after the two weeks ?
>
> /Klaus
As yet the "release team" as listed by matthew is fairly informal and so
I would not expect a formal response. I am attempting to move things
forward a little, and so will accept any recommendations anyone cares to
make.

Matthew and I hope/expect that 3.11 will be a derivative of this work,
but not everyone agrees with us

best regards

Keith