[Release] Clean and Package Orginization plans

Keith Hodges keith_hodges at yahoo.co.uk
Fri May 30 16:09:20 UTC 2008

I wanted to make an "easy" way to make tests unloadable and loadable. At
present we have two conventions in the image, and I want to try and
simplify.

The first convention is to have categories suffixed "Tests", or "Testing"

e.g. System-Event Notification-Tests

The second is to have categories such as "KernelTests" or "NetworkTests".

I would like to standardize on the first more commonly use convention,
and make supporting tools available to everyone.

To this end I have updated PackageInfo so that packages called
Kernel.impl and Kernel.test will save the impementation and the tests
separately.

The following reorganization is suggested:

http://installer.pbwiki.com/CleanReorganize-Squeak3:10

Having made this reorganization tests can be removed using

Installer unload: '*.tests'.

comments requested.

Keith

p.s. the Clean Script is comming along nicely

http://installer.pbwiki.com/Clean-Squeak3%3A10