[Release] Status?

Keith Hodges keith_hodges at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Jan 20 00:30:45 UTC 2009

Yoshiki Ohshima wrote:
>   Hello,
>
>   Just a bi-weekly check up on the status of the next release from the
> "Leadership".  Keith and Matthew, can you summerize the latest
> development?
>
>   Thank you!
>
> -- Yoshiki

I had a visitor this weekend, so nothing much doing over the weekend.

Last week we added "pending" and "testing" status to the Mantis squeak
project.

Latest development is an explicit export format from mantis which does
include two new status.
(english plural of status is status). Installer mantis now uses this
export format. The plan is that we can put a fix directly into the
release just by switching the status to "testing".

There is a package "Mantis" which pulls all of the bug reports for local
browsing/querying, this now uses the new Installer mantis interface.

I have also been working on bob. I realised that Rio's ability to work
with zip files wasnt fully in place, Bob is a port of bob1 written in
ruby, and ruby's rio has this, so I started looking into it.

I also started looking at the process of harvesting Edgar's work on
SqueakLight and FunSqueak. The knowledge in squeaklight's scripts goes
into unload scripts in Sake/Packages. My first harvest was make
definitions for Nebraska, and MorphicBooks which, if you load them, are
subsequently unloadable. This should be applicable to any Squeak image
in which they occur, not just 3.10 though I haven't tested them fully yet.

best regards

Keith