[Seaside-dev] About WACurrentSession

Esteban A. Maringolo emaringolo at gmail.com
Mon Nov 5 19:46:05 UTC 2007

On 11/5/07, Lukas Renggli <renggli at gmail.com> wrote:
> > How hard would be to "rethink" this approach?
> What's wrong with the current approach?

It's kind of "hackish".
I must admit it's a clever approach (we even tried to use the same
approach for a windows app).

> > Perhaps using a session registry keyed by its ID ("_s").
> You already have that in
>      WADispatcher default entryPointAt: 'appname'
> That doesn't help though, as you probably don't know the session ID
> either. To get it you can ask the session for its ID ;-)

I was thinking in attaching the session to the root component, and
access it trough simple messages not involving exception environments.
Or getting the session ID from the query parameters (or postdatum).

However... I just was thinking loud... :-)

Best regards,

--
Esteban A. Maringolo
eMaringolo at gmail.com