[Seaside-dev] Server Adapters in 2.9

Philippe Marschall philippe.marschall at gmail.com
Sat Nov 10 23:00:48 UTC 2007

Hi

When working on the Swazoo 2 server adapter I realized a lot of stuff
that is wrong with WAKom. I ended up duplicating stuff from WAKom or
writing stuff that would make sense for WAKom as well.

Now that we have modules in Seaside and WAKom is in its own module I
had time to refactor this stuff. The common port of this is in
Seaside-Adapters-Core. Since we need to do platform specific stuff
(encoding) there has to be a Squeak implementation which is in
Seaside-Squeak-Adapters. I changed WAKom (Seaside-Squeak-Kom) and
Seaside for Swazoo (Seaside-Adapters-Swazoo) to use this common code.

A lot of the ugliness of the Kom hierarchy is now gone and in theory
we could even get rid of WAKomEncoded* entirely and toggle encoding in
WAKom on demand.

The idea is not that everybody switches to use this code but if you're
doing a new port or server adapter you might want to have a look at
it. There has been some interest in a Swazoo 2 adapter for other
dialects than Squeak and this should make it easier.