[Seaside-dev] [2.9] Seaside-Core-pmm.9 and friends

Philippe Marschall philippe.marschall at gmail.com
Sat Nov 24 16:57:22 UTC 2007

Hi

This includes a rather big list of changes. I'm sorry I didn't cut it
up into smaller patches. The fist thing it includes is a new string
conversion method #toString which replaces #displayString and
#asString. Semantics are similar to #asString in Squeak.
WAPlatfromTest >> #testToString tests them.

The second thing that it introduces are classes for mime types and
locales. The reasoning behind this is the same as having a first class
URL objects instead of strings. There is also experimental code in
there for content and language negotiation. Most of the existing code
should be unaffected by this and can still use strings if he wants to
just like with URLs. The two exceptions that come into my mind are
server adaptors and senders of WAFile >> #contentType. They must be
aware that WAMimeType objects are returned.

While we are breaking the existing server adapter interface it might
be a good time to include #remoteAddress to WARequest. So
WASessionProtector would not have to delegate to #nativeRequest which
is against the spirit of WAReqest.