[Seaside-dev] Porting RSRSS2 in VW

Philippe Marschall philippe.marschall at gmail.com
Fri Sep 21 05:30:56 UTC 2007

2007/9/20, Kogan, Tamara <tkogan at cincom.com>:

> An attempt to read the page contents
>
> http://www.squeaksource.com/rsrss/
>
> gives me malformed XML  document from our XML parser. (The close tag for li
> was not found)
>
> I am wondering if there is any intention to fix it.

Fixed.

Since this is your second request of this kind may I ask some
questions? You're obviously reading the page with some kind of XML
parser. I'd guess some sort of automated tool to create a package with
documentation (make sure you don't miss the Wiki as well). Since the
project description is "hand-made" html not generated by Seaside you
will get the same "quality" of XHTML like everywhere else in the web.
That means pretty crappy stuff that violates any sort of spec. You
might want to look into piping it through tidy to be sure you get well
formed and valid XHTML.

And finally if you are looking to port RSRSS2 to VW - like with any
other package or even Seaside - you should really talk more to Michel
Bany. He's been doing this for quite some time now and has a lot of
experience.