[Seaside-dev] Seaside2.8a1-mu.540

Philippe Marschall philippe.marschall at gmail.com
Sat Feb 2 14:07:30 UTC 2008

WAKomEncoded39 >> #utf8ToSqueak:
- This is the exact uft-8 fast path from Andreas. No, it should not
use Unicode value: because unicode has no language information
associated with a character. Assuming the user has the same language
as you is almost always wrong. This only breaks stuff like #= a bit
more.

WAUrl >> #addToPath:
- anything beyond ASCII in the URL is not supported by Seaside because
we don't have the necessary information (are we an encoded server
adapter, what encoding do we use) to do it right
- #isWideString is highly Squeak specific
- #encodeForHTTP is really measurably a bottleneck. Most of the
speedup of Seaside 2.8 comes from reimplementing #encodeForHTTP is a
more efficient way.

Rejected as a whole