[Seaside-dev] Testing of encoded server adapters

Philippe Marschall philippe.marschall at gmail.com
Mon Feb 18 21:23:28 UTC 2008

Hi

With the advent of Seaside 2.9 of the new Swazoo 2.1 server adapter we
hope to see more 'encoded' server adapters on other platforms than
Squeak.

We have /seaside/tests/alltests ('Encoding'), the cool thing about it
is that it tests the whole round trip. The problem with it is that is
only tests the whole round trip. E.g. it will not check if encoding
actually works. I changed it to additionally display the String class.
This is an improvement but still far from ideal. The main problem we
have is that we don't know if we're dealing with an 'encoded' server
adapter and stuff like #at: or #size is supposed to work.