[Seaside-dev] Seaside-Core-lr.62

Lukas Renggli renggli at gmail.com
Thu Feb 28 15:54:20 UTC 2008

>  In my opinion, Continuations do form a fundamental part of Seaside,
>  but the implementation of Continuations is vendor-specific.

Continuations bring a lot of power to Seaside, however they are not
needed (anymore) to make Seaside useful. I know many Seaside
applications that don't use (or only sparingly) Continuations.

>  VA Smalltalk (and probably others) implementation internals are quite
>  different from Squeak/VW's but we still maintain the Continuation API
>  externally.  So I think moving Continuations into Seaside-Squeak-Core
>  would make a lot of sense (especially since I've already place my
>  Continuations in Seaside-VAST-Core).  I suppose this also means
>  moviing the Continuation Tests into Seaside-Squeak-Tests to maintain
>  parallelism.

It is not that we drop Continuations, just that we would like to make
them optional. If you want to be able to define control-flow nicely,
there is no way around it.

http://www.lukas-renggli.ch