[Seaside-dev] Seaside-Core-lr.62

Dale Henrichs dale.henrichs at gemstone.com
Fri Feb 29 00:59:52 UTC 2008

John O'Keefe wrote:

>Lukas -
>
>In my opinion, Continuations do form a fundamental part of Seaside,
>but the implementation of Continuations is vendor-specific. Dolphin,
>VA Smalltalk (and probably others) implementation internals are quite
>different from Squeak/VW's but we still maintain the Continuation API
>externally.  So I think moving Continuations into Seaside-Squeak-Core
>would make a lot of sense (especially since I've already place my
>Continuations in Seaside-VAST-Core).  I suppose this also means
>moviing the Continuation Tests into Seaside-Squeak-Tests to maintain
>parallelism.
>
>John

I second this notion - thisContext doesn't exist in GemStone, so we
currently override most of the Continuations class ...

I'll be doing a little bit of surgery on Seaside-Core in the near term,
so I could move the Continuations into Seaside-Squeak-Core as an interim
move ... final resting place can be determined further down the road ...

I'll hold off until I get the go ahead for this.