[Seaside-dev] Seaside-Core-dkh.65

Martin Kobetic mkobetic at cincom.com
Fri Feb 29 21:19:02 UTC 2008

Phillipe,

We haven't even looked at the 2.9 development yet. We're currently finishing the first release of WebVelocity on top of 2.8. That's why you don't hear much from us at this point and we probably won't be able to start with 2.9 until at least the end of March, when we hope to go beta with it.

I personally am quite interested in your adaptor refactorings. We have a few specific issues about interfacing  Seaside with HTTP servers and hope to suggest/make some improvements in that area. But at this point we are running against deadlines and can't afford the distraction.

Of course we don't expect the 2.9 development to stay still waiting for us. We'll just have to catch up when we get a chance. We do follow the mailing list though, and most of the changes discussed so far, including this one about the Date don't sound like something that should give us trouble. But it's hard to participate in a discussion about specifics when you're not working on the same version.

Martin