[Seaside-dev] on eliminating SeasidePlatformSupport

Avi Bryant avi at dabbledb.com
Tue Mar 25 17:17:17 UTC 2008

On Tue, Mar 25, 2008 at 10:01 AM, Dale Henrichs
<dale.henrichs at gemstone.com> wrote:

>  So for Squeak (and GemStone) we should come up with a tools solution
>  that eliminates load order and initialization as a factor - I suggest
>  that we choose a variant of MoticelloConfigurations and make it a
>  requirement for Squeak and GemStone (i.e., Monticello users).

>  Comments?

Not a comment on the bulk of your message (which I think I agree
with), but: I'm uncomfortable with MonticelloConfigurations because,
although I've tried a few times, I've never managed to grok it or
match my workflow to what it seems to expect.  I'm all for having
*some* configuration tool that uses MCPackageLoader to the effect you
describe, but I would suggest something simpler than MCConfigurations.
 For example, an empty meta-package that uses #requiredPackages to
bring in the right ones.

Avi