[Seaside-dev] Re: WAContext Refactoring

Lukas Renggli renggli at gmail.com
Sat Mar 29 20:45:31 UTC 2008

Ehh ... after writing down our problems we noticed that it is all much
simpler ;-)

The question is now very simple. Are all platforms ready to provide
thread specific variables?

We added class WAProcessVariable that uses exactly the same protocol
as WADynamicVariable but internally uses a process local variable. In
Squeak this is implemented like:

WAProcessVariable>>use: anObject during: aBlock
	Processor activeProcess properties at: self put: anObject.
	^ aBlock ensure: [ Processor activeProcess properties removeKey: self ]

WAProcessVariable>>value
	^ Processor activeProcess properties at: self ifAbsent: [ self defaultValue ]

Could all platforms provide something like that?

http://www.lukas-renggli.ch