[Seaside-dev] Re: Lightweight sessions/contexts/callbacks in 2.9

Dale Henrichs dale.henrichs at gemstone.com
Sat May 24 17:13:14 UTC 2008

Dale Henrichs wrote:
> Philippe Marschall wrote:
>

>> Well, I think having a more awkward API that gives you more
>> performance when you need it in general is a good thing (tm). But it
>> must be worth it. Which means performance should be an order of
>> magnitude greater and Seaside should really be the bottleneck.

Significant gains is basically the challenge and the goal. At this point
I only know that for a dead simple (and useless:) Seaside application,
one can avoid creating session state on every click ... I imagine that
there is a space between static pages and stateful components where
"lightweight components" can find a place... As I said, I'm going to try
to do the sushi store example in a "lightweight" style and see what
kinds of problems I encounter.