[Seaside-dev] Nightly builds ?

Lukas Renggli renggli at gmail.com
Tue Oct 7 13:33:37 UTC 2008

> It would be nice to have some kind of nightly build for Seaside beta
> versions.

Yes, this is definitely something we need. If I remember correctly,
there is also an issue filed on this. Or maybe we just wanted to file
one, but forgot.

> I am currently using my own Seaside Loader to load (or update) the newest
> Seaside 2.9 packages.
> Afterwards all Seaside tests are executed automatically.

And Lint. And the package dependencies are visualized. And a report is
created that contains the diff of source code and test runs. And a
one-click nightly build is produced. etc ;-)

> If something like this could be done on a public server,
> then we could create a new seaside developer image each day.

One problem is the server. We don't have one currently, but I guess it
should be possible to find a sponsor for a virtual private server
somewhere. Then also the seaside.st website could be moved there.

The other problem is the manpower. I guess it takes a lot of work to
setup and maintain such a system, because there is nothing like this
publicly available for Smalltalk. Would you be willing to do that?

http://www.lukas-renggli.ch