[Seaside-dev] Issue 195 in seaside: WATree is broken

codesite-noreply at google.com codesite-noreply at google.com
Wed Oct 8 07:59:50 UTC 2008

Issue 195: WATree is broken

Comment #5 by jfitzell:
It's not a quick way around it.

The change to WAActionCallback>>evaluateWithArgument: (it used to call
#value)
happened in Seaside-Core-jf-164 and Seaside-Core-jf-165. We want to provide
the value
of the GET or POST parameter to the action callback block if they want it,
but most
of the time when you are writing an action callback you don't care.

I just think our implementation of MessageSend>>valueWithPossibleArgument:
is buggy.
If the message send has already been parameterized, then by definition,
there are no
possible arguments slots. What I don't know is if there are other parts of
the code
that would be broken by this behaviour (I suspect not, because it's kind of
illogical
to want to override the arguments specified in the MessageSend).

Name: Seaside-Core-jf.164