[Seaside-dev] Seaside-Development-obi.3

Julian Fitzell jfitzell at gmail.com
Wed Oct 8 08:08:19 UTC 2008

Actually, there are two versions with different UUIDs, both of which
are called Seaside-Development-obi.3, and one of which has the other
as its ancestor.

Probably you saved the version locally and then wanted to save it on
the server, so you saved a new version and changed the name to be the
same.

Technically, the ancestry isn't broken because it uses UUIDs internally, but:
 + many of the MC tools now seem to rely on the package name for a lot of things
 + humans rely on package names for a lot of things :) and it's
confusing to have two with the same name

So (this is to everyone because I've seen a few people do it) if you
already have a version and want to put it in SqueakSource, please
DON'T create a new version.
 + if you are trying to save and the save fails, keep the version
window open. There's a button in there called Copy or something that
will let you try again.
 + if you have the version saved into another repository (say a local
one), open the repository, find the version, and click the Copy
button. Then choose the repository to copy too. Please remember to
copy as many of ancestral versions as possible/relevant so that other
developers can see the fine-grained diffs.

Julian