[Seaside-dev] Issue 215 in seaside: Several packages have soft dependencies on the Session package

codesite-noreply at google.com codesite-noreply at google.com
Mon Oct 20 15:15:55 UTC 2008

Issue 215: Several packages have soft dependencies on the Session package

New issue report by jfitzell:
They either call WAObject>>application or WAObject>>session, which are not
available if you don't have the Session package loaded. Core, Canvas, and
Component packages should all, theoretically at least, be useable without
Session.

Problematic senders of #application:
WARenderingContext>>registry -- add registry instvar to the context?
WARenderingContext>>absoluteUrlForResource: -- maybe just move into session
package, though session should not depend on canvas. Really we need class
extensions that are applied *if* you have the relevant class loaded but not
otherwise. Also there are 6 senders of this message. Maybe we need to also
store a resource base URL on the rendering context.
WABasicFormTag>>multipart -- how can it get a chartSet? from the Response
in the request context? from the rendering context?
WAResponse>>initialize -- same problem as above. maybe this stuff needs to
be on the request context...

Problematic senders of #session:
WAComponent>>filterWith:during:

Issue attributes: