[Seaside-dev] Some Feature Requests

Keith Hodges keith_hodges at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Oct 28 09:22:28 UTC 2008

I haven't looked at 2.9 yet but I would like to request a couple of
essentials.

1. Please could you at least add a properties dictionary to WASession.
This is extremely useful, and allows multiple features to be added to
Seaside as plugins/addons/helpers without subclassing WASession.

2. I would like you guys to review the helpers in SeasideJetsam, this
kind of thing should be included as standard, again they work very well
indeed.

    i.e. add shore components support to any seaside app, magma, comet,
keep alive, (glorp from VW equivalent of helpers) etc etc.

3. Please could you add support for post request processing.

i.e. enable code to run after the server has sent the request to the
browser, in the same thread.

e.g.

removeItem: item id: id on: script

    script effect id: id; dropOut.

    "remove item from the database,
        a) without slowing the UI interaction
        b) within the scope of this session/db session etc"

    self session postServeBlocks add:  [ self removeItem: item ] .

comments requested, thanks in advance

Keith