[Seaside-dev] Some Feature Requests

Julian Fitzell jfitzell at gmail.com
Tue Oct 28 23:57:21 UTC 2008

On Tue, Oct 28, 2008 at 1:40 PM, Julian Fitzell <jfitzell at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 28, 2008 at 11:23 AM, Keith Hodges <keith_hodges at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
>> Julian Fitzell wrote:
> Obviously I'll have to take a look at your code at some point to see
> what you mean.
>
>>>  might also work better as RequestFilters, which are new in 2.9
>> Is there some docs on these somewhere?
>
> Not yet, unfortunately. They basically follow the same pattern as
> Decorations but are attached to request handlers (likely either an
> Application or Session in most cases). They are given a chance to
> process the request before the request handler they are wrapping. This
> came out of the observation that most things people were installing as
> "root component decorations" really wanted to wrap the whole session.
> Most of the sample decorations Seaside provides ended up making more
> sense reimplemented as RequestFilters.

I took a quick look at Seaside28Jetsam-Helpers and it seems (at least
on casual inspection) very similar to the RequestFilters. Maybe you
could take a look and provide feedback? You don't even really need to
load all of Seaside (still a pain right now but we'll have that fixed
very soon); you could just browse, e.g.
http://www.squeaksource.com/Seaside29/Seaside-Core-jf.303.mcz with
Monticello. Take a look in Seaside-Core-Filter and of course at
WARequestHandler in Seaside-Core-RequestHandling.