[Seaside-dev] Issue 131 in seaside: Clean Urls

codesite-noreply at google.com codesite-noreply at google.com
Thu Sep 4 23:49:36 UTC 2008

Issue 131: Clean Urls

New issue report by da... at teleport.com:
The package Seaside-Clean-Urls-dkh.3.mcz, was added as an example of a way
to get a clean urls for the redirect url, when one is using restful urls.

the example is a simple counter where the count is encoded in the url. The
class WACleanUrlRedirectContinuation contains the logic for deciding
whether or not the _k can be stripped or not...

This is based on Julian's orignal idea that we discussed at the sprint.

There is still an open question as to whether we can _automatically_ know
that it is safe to strip the _k. Without the _k, state kept in the session
and decoration chain is lost - the assumption is that the state can be
restored from information in the url.

Issue attributes:
	Owner: da... at teleport.com
	Labels: Type-Feature Priority-Low