[Seaside-dev] Current load-order test failures

Lukas Renggli renggli at gmail.com
Wed Apr 8 19:28:48 UTC 2009

>> Test failures are **perfectly fine** during the development cycles.
>
> As I'm sure you are aware, this is not a universally held opinion.

This is not a corporate environment where a ticket is created and
eventually somebody is forced to fix the bug.

This is an open source environment and there is nothing that happens
without the necessary motivation. If the test is disabled or removed,
the issue is simply not going to be resolved anytime soon. I have seen
that many times, just look at the issues that are older than a year.

If it bothers you that much I suggest that you commit a fix to the
PharoInbox, write an e-mail explaining the importance of your change,
convince the Pharo maintainers to include the changes with the next
version, and tomorrow the test is green.

A reason for the existence of this test is to bother people and to
provoke a solution.

http://www.lukas-renggli.ch