[Seaside-dev] Re: [Seaside Commits] Seaside 2.9: Seaside-Tests-Core-lr.124.mcz

Julian Fitzell jfitzell at gmail.com
Wed Apr 22 08:33:30 UTC 2009

On Wed, Apr 22, 2009 at 1:28 AM, Paolo Bonzini <bonzini at gnu.org> wrote:
> Julian Fitzell wrote:
>> Just so we know... why? Would be nice if the commit log included a
>> rationale (I can see what the change was from the diff :) ).
>
> Because it made no difference.  What the author wanted, was actually
> #should:raise:whoseDescriptionIncludes:.

Well something prompted the change and it's useful to know what it
was. Was it lint rules, personal taste, coding coventions,
compatibility? In this case, having read the rest of the messages on
the list, I now see it was a compatibility issue with VW, but it would
be nice to have that included in the commit log because anyone looking
even three days from now won't know the reason.