[Seaside-dev] Issue 293 in seaside: Refactor WAResponse and subclasses to encapsulate stream and use WriteStream instead of ReadWriteStream

codesite-noreply at google.com codesite-noreply at google.com
Thu Jan 22 00:59:52 UTC 2009

Owner: WeybridgeWay
Labels: Type-Portability Priority-Medium Version-Seaside2.9

New issue 293 by WeybridgeWay: Refactor WAResponse and subclasses to
encapsulate stream and use WriteStream instead of ReadWriteStream

ReadWriteStream is not an ANSI protocol and we don't have a good
implementation of it in
GemStone. This is causing problems with WABufferedResponseTest because the
write position
and the read position aren't properly handled. Before going to the trouble
of creating a robust
ReadWriteStream in GemStone, Dale suggested investigating the usage and
consider whether it
could be modified to accept something that is more portable (i.e., that we
support ;-).

It appears that WABufferedResponse does not really need a ReadWriteStream
since all the
content is written before it is read, and the reading is done only on the
complete contents. That
is, the WriteStream API is sufficient.

I've refactored WAResponse so that the stream accessor is removed and the
#nextPutAll: method
references the stream internally. If I've gone too far, please let me know!

--James Foster, GemStone Systems