[Seaside-dev] Seaside-Flow

Lukas Renggli renggli at gmail.com
Sun Jan 25 10:52:51 UTC 2009

On Sun, Jan 25, 2009 at 11:36 AM, Julian Fitzell <jfitzell at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sat, Jan 24, 2009 at 10:15 PM, Lukas Renggli <renggli at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Currently we use partial continuations, which further reduces
>> memory consumption. Using partial continuations also allows us to
>> further optimize the request processing, as the WAProcessMonitor beast
>> is not needed anymore (not currently done).

Yeah, we need to replace WAProcessMonitor with
WAMutualExclusionFilter, at least in the case of Squeak.

> As I we were discussing earlier, partial continuations can be mostly
> simulated with two full continuations (only difference is dynamic
> scope during executing of the callback). I'm not sure, though, how you
> implement that without having a hook at the place you want to "begin"
> the "partial continuation".

The advantage of my implementation is that its extremely simple
(compared to the posted change-set) and that it doesn't add unwanted
dependencies. The only requirement for #call: to work with a different
implementation is that a method called WAComponent>>#wait: is present.

http://www.lukas-renggli.ch