[Seaside-dev] Why does WABufferedResponse need a ReadWriteStream?

James Foster Smalltalk at JGFoster.net
Mon Jan 26 23:43:36 UTC 2009

All,

As I'm working through porting Seaside-Core to GemStone I have some
questions that I hope someone can help with.

WABufferedResponse (a subclass of WAResponse) is documented to use a
WriteStream (see the class comments), but the initialize method
suggests that a ReadWriteStream is needed. As far as I can tell from
reading the code, the use case is to write things to the response
(generally using #'nextPutAll:' in WAResponse), and then gather up all
the contents at once.

I can imagine that someone might value a more complex object when
something simple would do instead, but my values tend to go the other
direction.

James Foster