[Seaside-dev] Issue 313 in seaside: Allow platforms to use an instance variable to cache objects in WAFileLibrary

codesite-noreply at google.com codesite-noreply at google.com
Tue Jan 27 23:57:07 UTC 2009

Owner: WeybridgeWay
Labels: Type-Portability Priority-Medium Version-Seaside2.9

New issue 313 by WeybridgeWay: Allow platforms to use an instance variable
to cache objects in WAFileLibrary

On Squeak WAFileLibrary uses mutation of a static array to cache a
ByteArray.
WAFileLibraryTest>>#'testCompileByteArray' requires the objects returned by
WAFileLibrary to be
identical. For platforms that do not allow modification of static arrays,
this means that the value
must be cached somewhere. Does anyone object to my adding an instance
variable to
WAFileLibrary? How about an initialize method that sets it to a
platform-specific dictionary?

Absent any objections or better suggestions, I'll try this out tomorrow.

--James Foster