[Seaside-dev] Seaside-Sake

Keith Hodges keith_hodges at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Jul 3 03:24:35 UTC 2009

Hi Lukas et al,

I have tweaked Sake/Packages to handle the seaside29 builder code
better... this is what a typical definition could now look like

SeasidePlatform
    self name: 'Seaside-Platform'.
    self version: '2.9.0-alpha3'.
    self info url:
'http://builder.seaside.st/distributions/002-Seaside2.9.0-a3//Seaside-Platform-jf.56.mcz'.
    self info description: 'Utilities and platform dependendent classes
for Seaside.'.
    self info category: 'Core Library'.
    self addAction: 'Seaside-Squeak-Platform'.
    self addAction: 'Seaside-Squeak-Continuation'.
    self addAction: 'Seaside-Tests-Squeak-Continuation'

It took me hours to stop this spinning into recursive loops, but now it
works.

This now calls the appended actions as first class tasks (rather than
just pulling the action block). "Packages provided" the list of
currently loaded Pacakges is now correctly populated with all the
packages that are loaded, and so unloading now works (although it
temporarily struggles with obsolete classes) and it stumbles on WAServer
unload if Current is not defined.

Could we tweak the builder to generate:

1. the above definition style.
2. dont load installer and packages in the export script.
3. export all package definitions once (as needed) maintaining the
result in Seaside-Sake (or Seaside-Packages) so that it can be loaded as
part of an image build script.
4. consider exporting definitions for other platforms, so that
Seaside-Packages is definitive of all available packages

thanks in advance

Keith