[Seaside-dev] JQuery/Json and Seaside 2.9

Hernan Wilkinson hernan.wilkinson at gmail.com
Tue Jul 7 13:16:51 UTC 2009

Hi,
 I'm new to web apps development, I know the basic architecture/design stuff
but you know, "the devil is in the details", so I have a question (maybe a
basic one) and it would be great if you could help with it (and save me a
lot of searching :-) ).
 I need to write an app where the client runs jquery and communicates with
the server written in seaside 2.9 using json. (those are the requirements).
 The use case I have to implement is similar to this one:  Let's say I have
a cart with products. To show the cart contents (the products) I need to use
jquery. I get the cart contents from the server in Json format. Each product
has a button to remove the product from the cart. When the button is
pressed, the client will send a request to the server to execute that action
and wait from it the new cart's contents in json format to show them again
on the web browser, modifying the html using jquery.
 So, my questions are:
1) Is there an example similar to similar to this use case that I could see?
2) If not, could somebody send me some basic lines on how to write the
javascript part of asking the server the request and the seaside part of
handling that request?
I know how to generate a request from the client where the html was
generated on the server and that is going to generate new html, there are a
lot of examples of that (for example using the scriptaculous updater), but I
do not know how to do it when the html is generated with jquery based on
json data sent from the server. The major problem that I devise is the one
related to generating the request from the client because if I generate the
html on the server everything is took care by seaside, but if I generate the
html on the client I do not know how to send the right request to the
server...

Thanks,
Hernan