[Seaside-dev] Using jQuery UI elements with Comet?

Lukas Renggli renggli at gmail.com
Sun Jul 12 15:52:09 UTC 2009

> It is possible to use jQuery slider (or other UI elements) with Comet?

Yes. The Comet facilities of Seaside should be useable with any
Javascript library.

> So, I take the Comet CTCounter example as the base, and there:
> 1. Create the slider:

That's a cool example. I've added it to Comet-Examples and attached a
file-out to this mail.

> self pusher javascript: [ :script |
>      script << (script jQuery: #count)
>             text: self model count.
>
>      script << (script jQuery: #slider) slider value: self model count.
> "???"
>     "or  script << (script jQuery: #slider) triggerChange "
> ].
>
> But, it dose not work.

The problem is that the Slider object in Seaside misses the method to
set the slider value after it has been instantiated. You can work
around that by sending the message

   aSlider action: 'value' arguments: (Array with: value)

I will add a helper to JQuery-UI.

http://www.lukas-renggli.ch