[Seaside-dev] WAWalkbackErrorHandler failure

Julian Fitzell jfitzell at gmail.com
Mon Jun 15 22:11:37 UTC 2009

On Mon, Jun 15, 2009 at 2:18 PM, Michael
Lucas-Smith<mlucas-smith at cincom.com> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> WAWalkbackErrorHandler is failing for me for two different reasons:
> a) raising an error during rendering fails because you cannot do a #call:
> while rendering

Yes, this is a known issue and not "fixable" in the immediately
obvious sense because you *can't* call during rendering (it was
convenient that it sort of worked before but that was a wonky
side-effect of our previous use of continuations). I think there's a
bug filed for it.

> b) raising an error during callbacks fails because the exception propagation
> skips the WARenderNotification handler in VisualWorks
>      -- This could potentially be fixed by setting the handlerContext of the
> error to nil, but i'm not sure if this is a bright idea and it's certainly
> not portable between Smalltalks.

I'm afraid I'm not immediately sure what you mean here.