[Seaside-dev] Current load-order problems (WAError is undeclared)

Julian Fitzell jfitzell at gmail.com
Tue Jun 16 05:39:15 UTC 2009

On Mon, Jun 15, 2009 at 9:47 PM, Philippe
Marschall<philippe.marschall at gmail.com> wrote:
> 2009/6/15 James Foster <Smalltalk at jgfoster.net>:
>> A recent change seems to have created a reference to WAError and
>> WAUnsupportedEncodingError before they are defined. Otherwise, the only
>> issue is the usual WAEnvironmentDefaultHandlersTest problem.
>
> WAError is in platform and subclasses WAPlatformError which is in the
> platform specific platform ;-)
> WAError is references in WANullCodecStream which is in platform.
> WAUnsupportedEncodingError subclasses WAError, it is referenced by
> WACodec in platform.
>
> The only way I see to solve this is moving WACodec to platfrom.

Why are we back in this situation? I had this all sorted last time I
traced the dependency graph.

WAPlatformError should be in Seaside-Platform
WAError should be in Seaside-Core
Things in Seaside-Platform that need to signal an error should
subclass WAPlatformError
Things in Seaside-Core (or higher) that need to signal an error should
subclass WAError

Simple.