[Seaside-dev] VisualWorks test results

Julian Fitzell jfitzell at gmail.com
Wed Jun 17 22:57:36 UTC 2009

On Wed, Jun 17, 2009 at 3:45 PM, Michael Lucas-Smith <
mlucas-smith at cincom.com> wrote:

> 4 unit test failures:
>   WACodecTest>>testCodecLatin1Binary
>   WACodecTest>>testCodecUtf8Binary
>   WACodecTest>>testCodecUtf8Bom
>   WACodecTest>>testCodecUtf8ShortestForm

Not bad.

> One unexpected functional test failure:
>   WAClosureFunctionalTest -- "Go with ensure" runs the ensure block
> immediately
>

>From memory, I think this "fails" everywhere. Ensure doesn't work well with
continuations; it operates at the level of the current request and does
*not* span multiple requests in a task.

The functional tests aren't necessarily pass/fail tests; in many cases they
are simply ways to exercise certain behaviour so we can easily test out
different parts of the system. We usually try to document on the page what
the "expected" behaviour is on most systems to make it easier for people who
don't know the tests as well. I'm guessing in this case, the expectation
isn't documented... feel free to add that.