[Seaside-dev] WACodecTest>>testCodecUtf8ShortestForm

Michael Lucas-Smith mlucas-smith at cincom.com
Mon Jun 22 18:26:07 UTC 2009

Hi All,

This test has a non-shorted form for the characters 'abc'. The
specification that you should reject -illegal- sequences, but
non-shortest are okay. You're not meant to -generate- non-shortest,
perhaps the test should be flipped to make sure the non-shorted form is
produced when encoding 'ABC'. However, this seems a little redundant as
I can't imagine any Smalltalker would go out of his/her way to make a
UTF8 encoder that produces the non-shortest of the letters ABC.

Could we change this test to a positive instead of a negative assert?

Cheers,
Michael