[Seaside-dev] how to discern request?

Sebastian Sastre ssastre at seaswork.com
Tue Mar 10 13:00:35 UTC 2009

> Also, at a generic level, you can't even count on there being two kind
> of SessionContinuations. I kind of suspect that the cleanest behaviour
> at the moment is to subclass ActionPhaseContinuation to add the
> creation of the DB transaction. This makes sense because the
> SessionContinuations are supposed to define the body of the
> Application's "main()" function (ie. what it is that the application
> does for each instance).

if I can't count with it then I'll consider it a temporary patch (as the one
I've sent).

> Actually, you could also create a new SessionContinuation that created
> the transaction and then called an action continuation, passing in the
> snapshot. Then specify your new continuation as the action
> continuation in the config. This might be better than subclassing
> given single inheritance.

Right now that's managed by the filter with retry policies. I'm still have
subclasses of session but just with convenient accessors and I guess can make
them filters without much trouble instead of subclasses but I'll do that later.

> We're still trying to work out how to specify the flow between these
> Continuations and the interfaces here will almost certainly change so
> suggestions are welcome.

what interfaces you mean? config UI?

greetings,
sebastian