[Seaside-dev] What is our Mission Statement?

Colin Putney cputney at wiresong.ca
Mon May 18 08:33:25 UTC 2009

Lukas Renggli wrote:
> I started with an initial draft:
>
>     http://www.seaside.st/about/mission
>
> Please feel free to comment, add, remove and change. It should reamin
> short and to the point though.

In general, I like it. I'd just propose a small change to the first item:

1. Callback-based request handling and reusable stateful components over
readable urls.

There's nothing wrong with REST per se. I actually think Seaside could
be made RESTful according to Roy Fielding's original use of the term.
It's only the web hipsters that equate REST with meaningful,
human-readable URLs.

Colin