[Seaside-dev] Constructing the <head> and <body> tag in Seaside 2.9?

Conrad Taylor conradwt at gmail.com
Sun May 24 17:41:31 UTC 2009

On Sun, May 24, 2009 at 6:43 AM, Philippe Marschall <
philippe.marschall at gmail.com> wrote:

> 2009/5/24 Conrad Taylor <conradwt at gmail.com>:
> > Hi Lukas, thanks for responding to my post.  Anyway, where can I locate
> the
> > reference document for these methods?  Also, how does the #header and
> > #headerAttributes differ?  I have just been away too long from the
> Seaside
> > framework development doing Rails and PHP development for clients. BTW,
> I'm
> > trying to convert a very simple jQuery and HTML5 to Seaside 2.9.
> > -Conrad
>
> Could you give us a short description of the problem you're trying to
> solve? That will make it easier for us to tell you how to do it.
>
> Cheers
> Philippe

I'm converting a HTML page that uses HTML5 and CSS3 (i.e. tranforms,
animation, and so
on) features to Seaside 2.9.  I'll be leaving all my assets as external
files using the #updateRoot.
Thus, this mini-project will require the following:

Creating A Weblog using Object Persistence

o  create, update, delete, and list posts using REST interface
o  add and delete comments
o  creating an administrative interface
o  add HTTP basic authentication for edit, update, and delete action on
posts
o  adding layouts or refactoring so that all pages have a consistent view
o  add validations
o  adding a dash of Ajax
o  add an ATOM feed
o  using XML and JSON API to return XML or JSON depending on the accept
headers
o  adding tests

This is the gist of part one of the project.  Does Gemstone/S support
Seaside 2.9 a2 or a3?

Thanks in advance,

-Conrad