[Seaside-dev] Seaside30Loader available

Julian Fitzell jfitzell at gmail.com
Mon Sep 14 08:07:22 UTC 2009

On Sun, Sep 13, 2009 at 6:53 PM, Dale Henrichs
<dale.henrichs at gemstone.com> wrote:
> During testing, I discovered that Javascript-Core depends upon Seaside-Canvas (extension methods for WATagBrush). This dependency is not reflected in WAPackage...

Yes, this is a real shame. Those extension methods don't reflect a
real dependency, of course, since without Canvas they could just not
be loaded. They could be split off into a separate package that
depends but that way starts to lead to madness (maybe with Metacello
it would be manageable?). Also with MC2 it becomes less of a problem
because those methods would just end up in the slush... For now I
think we just live with the additional dependency but it should be
declared (probably with a comment saying why).