[Seaside-dev] Seaside 3.0b1 release schedule

Lukas Renggli renggli at gmail.com
Sat Sep 19 15:45:16 UTC 2009

>>> aClass organization categories
>>> aClass organization listAtCategoryNamed:
>>
>> Yes, but protocols (method categories) are pretty consistent across
>> all Smalltalk, whereas categories (class categories) are not.
>
> No, GNU Smalltalk, Dolphin and I think VAST do not use #organization.
>
> If you want to add some platform methods that's fine by me, but please do
> not use #organization.

AFAIK, GemStone implemented #organization to return the class.

Now personally, I don't think this is all that relevant. The code is
there to make a nice demonstration of the Scriptaculous and jQuery
code, such as <http://demo.seaside.st/seaside/tests/jquery> and
<http://demo.seaside.st/seaside/tests/scriptaculous>. It is not
required for the actual functionality of the code.

If we can agree on #selectors and #sourceCodeAt: we could almost do
the same, it would just not look that nice.

http://www.lukas-renggli.ch