[Seaside-dev] about Grease codecs

Julian Fitzell jfitzell at gmail.com
Tue Mar 30 08:03:15 UTC 2010

Yeah, we decided to leave really solving encoding issues for 3.1. But
I agree that you should be able to deal with encodings in terms of an
internal/external encoding pair (even if the internal is "native" in
most cases).

The idea was that a "null" encoding would still require to specify an
encoding, it would just be the same on both sides. That way the
external encoding of the adaptor could be used as the default when
setting headers and so on in the request (rather than having to
specify it also as an application setting).

Julian