[Seaside-dev] Re: [Seaside Commits] Seaside 3.0 LGPL: Seaside-FileSystem-pmm.25.mcz

Dale Henrichs dhenrich at vmware.com
Tue Nov 2 16:59:29 UTC 2010

On 11/01/2010 11:00 PM, Philippe Marschall wrote:
> 2010/11/2 Julian Fitzell<jfitzell at gmail.com>:
>> please....?
>
> I hate RB, I really do. I don't understand how people can use it. It
> makes my code look really ugly. If I didn't care how my code looked, I
> used brainfuck. I don't understand how people are allowed to walk
> around and lie "we have the best tools". Honestly search and replace
> would be better than RB, because it doesn't reformat the code. Maybe
> we need a C library that we can call out to that solves this hard
> problem for us.
>
> Cheers
> Philippe

Philippe,

I mentioned this idea to a few folks at ESUG (and Lukas even wrote the
code) ...

Since it is impossible to satisfy everyone with a standard format, my
idea is that the code browsing tools should reformat everything using a
formatter/style that is chosen by the user ... all code should be stored
without regard to format and all code comparison tools should format,
then compare ...

It does assume that each individual can teach a formatter to format the
code to their liking...

The end result is that when each user reads and edits code, it is
automatically formatted to their liking ...