[Seaside-dev] new *authorName* protocol

Dale Henrichs dhenrich at vmware.com
Mon Nov 8 21:32:47 UTC 2010

Nick,

You recently added authorName support to Seaside-Welcome:

Name: Seaside-Welcome-NickAger.31
Author: NickAger
Time: 6 November 2010, 7:08:27 pm
UUID: 49597167-15a0-4987-871e-ef619947be74
Ancestors: Seaside-Welcome-lr.30

Name: Seaside-Welcome-NickAger.32
Author: NickAger
Time: 8 November 2010, 12:44:38 pm
UUID: 4d1d026a-112e-495e-9b14-10818877cffb
Ancestors: Seaside-Welcome-NickAger.31

However in doing so you have created a platform-specific version of the
Seaside-Welcome package. The implementation provided doesn't work in
Squeak4.1 or GemStone.

If you want to include platform authorName support, I think that we need
to add 3 more packages:

   Seaside-Pharo-Welcome
   Seaside-Squeak-Welcome
   Seaside-GemStone-Welcome

Each with the platform-specific implementation of:

   seasideIsAuthorNameSet
   seasideSetAuthorName:

It's possibly that a fourth for Pharo1.0 (and possibly a fifth for
Pharo1.1) might be needed. The protocol for setting/detecting authorname
has been in flux and has changed with nearly each release of Pharo:)

I'm working in this area right now (I noticed the problem when running
the tests on Squeak4.1) and can add the packages.

I'll work on a few other things before getting around to this, so if you
intend to change your approach let me know..