[Seaside-dev] note on using hash of an object's class....

Dale Henrichs dhenrich at vmware.com
Mon Oct 11 18:37:47 UTC 2010

I've just noticed that in GRSmallDictionary>>hash, the hash of the class
is used for calculating the object's hash and I just wanted to point out
that that is not portable (at least relative to GemStone).

In GemStone there is the notion of class histories, which means that
there are multiple versions of a class which means that the hash of a
class cannot be counted on to be constant for a given class, which means
that it shouldn't be used in hashes...