[Seaside-dev] New contributions

Julian Fitzell jfitzell at gmail.com
Thu Sep 2 22:53:53 UTC 2010

Hi Avi,

I'm sorry. I have your email starred for reply but just hadn't got to it. I
really haven't had time to think carefully about it (which I wanted to do
before replying), but off the top of my head:

+ there are a number of session-related nice-to-have features listed in the
issue tracker. They're probably all tagged "security" I think - shout if you
can't find them
+ the REST package Philippe started could do with some further
experimentation and development
+ if you have any incentive to work on the new user experience, there is
undoubtedly room for improvement to the new Welcome package
+ there's a distinct lack of admin/management/deployment
infrastructure/tools - there's lots of room for new stuff here
+ the halos, admin toolbar, and so on have always been meant to be
extensible but nobody ever seems to do so - I'm curious what other things
might be useful there if someone put their mind to it
+ we'd also love people to work on the design and content of the website,
the design of any of the built-in tools, or even useful attractive re-usable
components, but those may not be up your alley...

Do any of those seem interesting at all?

We've unfortunately all been pretty busy over the past little while (which
is why you're having trouble getting much response). You'll still find
you'll get a response to specific questions; it's just hard to find much
hand-holding. That said, we're determined to encourage more people to
participate so with a little nagging, we'll try to provide as much guidance
as we can.

Julian