[Seaside-dev] about 3.0.5

Dale Henrichs dhenrich at vmware.com
Wed Apr 27 19:58:43 UTC 2011

On 04/27/2011 10:37 AM, Dale Henrichs wrote:
> On 04/27/2011 10:34 AM, Philippe Marschall wrote:
>> 2011/4/27 Dale Henrichs<dhenrich at vmware.com>:
>>> There appears to be an issue with updating to Swazoo 2.3...
>>>
>>> If you load Swazoo 2.2.0.3 first, then load Swazoo 2.3 on top of it I get a
>>> bunch of test failures. If I reload 2.2.0.3 I get test failures ...
>>>
>>> I'm doing my tests in Pharo1.1.1 where the Swazoo tests were green with
>>> 2.2.0.3 and Seaside3.0.4...
>>>
>>> I didn't run the tests with 3.0.5 and 2.2.0.3 so I'll try that combo first
>>
>> The ones I'm seeing are FileResourceTest and SwazooBaseExtensionsTest
>> because SPort catches the deprecation notifications. That doesn't seem
>> like it would affect Seaside. I ran the functional tests and they
>> work.
>>
>>> Perhaps we should hold off going to Swazoo 2.3 until the upgrade problem is
>>> resolved? Or would you prefer to delay 3.0.5?
>>
>> No, Swazoo on Pharo doesn't have enough users to justify this.
>> Especially when we have been hit by a but in 2.2 that is fixed in 2.3.
>>
>> Cheers
>> Philippe
>
> Excellent! I'll keep on chuggin'

Here's the tale of the tape for Swazoo 2.3:

1707 run, 1691 passes, 2 expected failures, 0 failures, 14 errors, 0
unexpected passes
Failures:

Errors:
HelloWorldResourceTest>>#testResponse
URIResolutionTest>>#testCompositeAnswer
URIResolutionTest>>#testCompositeNoAnswer
URIResolutionTest>>#testLeafAnswer
URIResolutionTest>>#testNoAnswerWhenDisabled
URIResolutionTest>>#testSiteAnswer
URIResolutionTest>>#testStringMatch
URIResolutionTest>>#testStringMismatch
SwazooConfigurationTest>>#testCompositeResourceSite
SwazooConfigurationTest>>#testMultipleResourcesSite
SwazooConfigurationTest>>#testSingleResourceSite
CompositeResourceTest>>#testAddResource
CompositeResourceTest>>#testAddResources
CompositeResourceTest>>#testCurrentUrl

Looks like all of the errors are due to a missing Global:
HelloWorldResource...I'm running in a 'Pharo-1.1-11411 Latest update:
#11411' image .... I'll just ignore the errors and go on...