[Seaside-dev] broken MC versions

Dale Henrichs dhenrich at vmware.com
Wed Jul 20 20:09:01 UTC 2011

The duplicate UUID's are known to reek havoc with Metacello on GemStone ... Metacello fetches files into the package cache which in GemStone is a MCDictionaryRepository and #= is used for the keys ... things don't load correctly when a bunch of different packages are put into the cache with the same UUID ... I think that Esteban originally discovered the problem when he tried to load into GemStone ...

So MCDictionary repositories are definitely affected by the duplicate UUIDs

Dale