[Seaside-dev] Re: [Metacello] A newly discovered Metacello bug (yet to be characterized)

Dale Henrichs dhenrich at vmware.com
Thu Jun 2 00:11:42 UTC 2011

Okay the odd behavior between Pharo1.2-12339, Pharo1.2.1-12345 and Pharo1.2.2-12353 can be attributed to a known Metacello issue:

  http://code.google.com/p/metacello/issues/detail?id=112

So we are only facing two bugs:

  - the issue reported by Lukas, where version OmniBrowser 1.2.3 is loaded on
    top of version 1.2.4 (when nothing should have been loaded). Which appears
    to be fixed by Metacello 1.0-beta.29 (still need a test case to reproduce
    the bug)
  - the Seaside3.0.5 load failure Pharo1.2.2-12353 that doesn't show up in earlier
    versions. This error has to do with OcompletionPharoCompatibility and is likely
    due to a configuration error somewhere.

I'll keep on digging...

Dale