[Seaside-dev] Ajaxifier updates

Philippe Marschall philippe.marschall at gmail.com
Fri Aug 31 20:00:13 UTC 2012

Hi

Together with Denis Defreyne I was working on Issue 724: add
.pushState to ajaxifier [1]. We ran into an issue that the current
Ajaxifier implementation has as well. Namely that the redirect from
the action to the render continuation happens totally transparently to
the JavaScript. There is so way to find out the URL to which the
redirect happened. So Ajaxifier ended up saving the action URL. To
counter this we changed WARenderPhaseContinuation to add a custom HTTP
header if the request was made with the Ajaxifier. Thinking about it
again I'm a bit uncomfortable with putting specific knowledge about
the Ajaxifier into WARenderPhaseContinuation. Maybe a custom subclass
would be a better option, however that would have to reside in
Seaside-RenderLoop otherwise JQuery-Core would have to depend on
Seaside-RenderLoop. Opinions?

Also I would appreciate it if somebody knowledgeable in the area
(Lukas?) could review our changes, the affected packages are
Seaside-RenderLoop and JQuery-Core.

 [1] http://code.google.com/p/seaside/issues/detail?id=724