[Seaside-dev] Seaside 3.0.7

Lukas Renggli renggli at gmail.com
Fri Mar 23 18:19:53 UTC 2012

> Esteban tells me that for Pharo 1.4:
> Kom doesn't work - he uses Zinc instead

Nobody should use Kom, it is unmaintained for years and has serious
security flaws. I don't think it works properly even on Pharo 1.3. For
Seaside we have been using a slimmed down and fixed version
KomHttpLight.

> Do we make Zinc the default server adapter?

Yes, I think Zinc should be the default everywhere.

I changed the builds on my CI back to Zinc. We didn't use Zinc for a
while because it corrupted images, but that issue seems to be solved
now.

> Should we drop the Seaside control panel unless someone steps up to
> create/maintain a version that works on Pharo 1.3, Pharo 1.4 and Lukas's CI
> server?

There are no plans in supporting OB in Pharo 1.4.

www.lukas-renggli.ch